Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Apartment 39.

The semester is long over, and I noticed that I failed to write about some very important girls: the girls of Apartment 39. Which happens to be my wonderful apartment, & I was blessed to spend such wonderful months with this group of girls. Now, I know everyone always says, "My roommates are the best roommates I could have ever asked for!" And that's neat and all. But when you can mean it, with all of your heart is when it's really special. So yes, my roommates were the best roommates I could have ever asked for! And let me tell you why.

Alisha: The sweetest woman you will ever meet. No seriously! When you are in the presence of my sweet Alisha you cannot help but smile. You just want to be as happy as she is. And be as cute as her (which is impossible). I never received any negative emotions from her. Even when she had the roughest of days, she'd come home smiling. One day, she wasn't feeling so good, so she made some cookies and gave them to someone who needed a pick me up. Even though she was having a rough time herself. This was her pick me up: service. What a wonderful example she is to me of someone who is happy, loves life and all those in it!

Bree: The wise, hardworking, and sweet woman who served an honorable mission in California! She is very committed to anything she sets her mind to. And she'll never break any promises she has made. She's just that kind of person. She will not forsake. And she will always put a smile on your face when she begins to laugh. Her snort is the cutest, I love it!! She has such beautiful curly hair. And a beautiful personality. She's amazing!!

Stacie: The greatest indexer in the whole entire world! This woman can work wonders. She has no limits! She is always above and beyond in anything she does. Oh and did I mention she's an awesome unicyclist! She's tons of fun & also has the sweetest spirit. I just love that nothing can get in the way of Stacie. It's something I truly admire. Shes just 100% all of the time! I love it!

Kari: My sweet cuddly Karebear! She is currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I'm still wondering what I'm going to do without her for 18 months, but that's what letters are for! I always knew she would serve a mission. She is wise beyond her years. She's all or nothing in anything she does. And she will stop everything she is doing to hear you speak of absolutely anything you wish to speak of. I could not have survived this year without her. She's the greatest!

And speaking of not being able to survive without someone, last but not least: Marissa, my room roomie since day one. I knew from the moment we both began to recite the monologue from A Knights Tale that we would become the best of friends. I could not overcome a trial, I could not be as happy as I am now if I did not have her in my life. She's crazy positive! She's crazy beautiful! She's crazy funny! She's very strong! The list can go on and on. I understand her & she understands me. Those moments when we both just needed a good cry, there we were, giving each other a shoulder to lean on. Everyone needs a woman like Marissa in their lives. She's "more than a woman!!" She's the greatest!

I never thought I would ever meet such an amazing group of girls. I have been blessed to have them in my life. And those who have met them can certainly testify of their greatness. I love these girls. Apartment 39, it's where it's at.




No comments:

Post a Comment